Adapted from Happy Herbivore’s Magical Cookies [Happy Herbivore Holidays & Gatherings]. I accidentally made my own version of these cookies due to not having enough unsweetened apple sauce on hand. The original recipe also called for some ingredients measured in ounces which was a pain in the ass to convert. I also found that there was too many chocolate chips – that’s a first for me! After a couple of batches I ended up with this version. These are great to take to gatherings to wow your non vegan friends and family. They won’t even know they are vegan.
2 cups natural peanut butter
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
3 small spotty bananas, pureed in a blender
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries or raisins
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix peanut butter, apple sauce and banana puree in a large bowl
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla
- Add in cranberries and oats, stir until well blended, sometimes I like to add extra oats to make the cookies firmer
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Spoon onto cookie sheet, or shape into balls and flatten. They will pretty much stay the same shape when fully cooked. So shape them how you want them now.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Stay close to the oven after 15 minutes and keep an eye on them.