No dairy, no refined sugars, no crap! Four simple ingredients: sweet potatoes, almond milk, cinnamon and maple syrup (optional). If you don’t eat it all in one sitting it freezes well – just leave it out of the freezer for 10 minutes before serving.
I encourage you to get creative with this and try different variations. How about a tbsp of cacao powder? Navitas Naturals Cacao is by far my favorite. How about some Chai spices? I’m very curious to know what variations you come up with.
Also, you can easily make this as a pudding instead by using refrigerated sweet potatoes instead of frozen.
This recipe is suitable for those on the Potato Challenge / Potato Diet / Potato Cleanse. If you are on McDougall’s Maximum Weight Loss or Chef AJ’s Ultimate Weight Loss omit the maple syrup and ad a smidgen more almond milk.
Recipe video here:
Betty’s back in the kitchen with a hilarious f-bomb filled recipe video (not suitable for children). Betty Lou created this recipe for Jenna Marbles who recently attempted to recreate Amy’s Alphabet Soup by mixing tomato soup in a box with alphabet noodles.
Betty Lou was certain she could create something better without the boxed soup. I tasted it myself and I have to say it’s much better than any alphabet or tomato soup I’ve ever had – that’s saying a lot for someone who was obsessed with tomato soup as a kid.
Have a laugh and watch this entertaining video, then see below for the full written recipe.
Sweary Noodle Soup by Betty Lou
- 2 cups g-damn water (add more if you like it less thick)
- 1 small bitty fucking can of tomato paste (those cute little cans)
- 2 large fucking dates or 4 small dates, pitted (aka cock roaches)
- 1/4 cup shitty assed frozen corn
- 1/2 cup fucking peas
- 1/2 tsp damn garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fucking onion powder
- 2 small or 1 medium potato chopped into little fucking squares
- 1/4 tsp salt or 1/2 tsp for salt-a-fucking-holics
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup dry alphabet noodles that swear
Throw your fucking water, tomato paste, dates and spices in the shitty assed blender. Blend the shit out of it until smooth as fuck. Add mixture to a medium pot. Add corn, peas and potato. Bring to a boil then simmer and cover until it’s fucking done. You’ll know it’s done by the softness of the taters.
In a separate pot bring water to an angry boil, add noodles and boil the shit out of them until done. Or follow package directions.
Drain noodles when done and add to the soup that’s taking forever because I forgot to tell you to cook the fucking potatoes ahead of time.
Serve with adult crackers, you know, the kind with flax and shit in it.
Adapted from Happy Herbivore’s Magical Cookies [Happy Herbivore Holidays & Gatherings]. I accidentally made my own version of these cookies due to not having enough unsweetened apple sauce on hand. The original recipe also called for some ingredients measured in ounces which was a pain in the ass to convert. I also found that there was too many chocolate chips – that’s a first for me! After a couple of batches I ended up with this version. These are great to take to gatherings to wow your non vegan friends and family. They won’t even know they are vegan.
2 cups natural peanut butter
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
3 small spotty bananas, pureed in a blender
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries or raisins
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix peanut butter, apple sauce and banana puree in a large bowl
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla
- Add in cranberries and oats, stir until well blended, sometimes I like to add extra oats to make the cookies firmer
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Spoon onto cookie sheet, or shape into balls and flatten. They will pretty much stay the same shape when fully cooked. So shape them how you want them now.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Stay close to the oven after 15 minutes and keep an eye on them.